Thank you to everyone who participated in our first Short Script Competition. Submissions are now closed. We will be reviewing all applications to confirm all requirements were met. A team of industry judges will review all the scripts and winners will be notified using the contact information provided in your submission.
SCRIPT COMPETITION RULES & REGULATIONS
GHC 4,000 Cash Reward and Script Development
The 1st Annual GFF Short Script Competition provides an opportunity for both new and experienced writers to get their project financed and produced. We collaborate with the finalists from development to production, supporting their efforts on both their selected script as well as potential future material.
Winner and runner-up awarded:
- GHC 4,000 to winner;
- GHC 2,000 to runner-up
- Script development to screen
- Potential financing for future short scripts
OPEN: June 7th , 2021
CLOSE: July 7th, 2021
– Any genre accepted, including non-narrative or experimental shorts.
– We don’t have any length requirements, but the submission must be intended as a short film. Anything from one to (roughly) 30 pages for short films. Feature-length scripts are NOT accepted.
– Script must be unproduced at the time of entry. If the script you want to submit has already been produced or in production please do not submit.
– Only completed scripts are allowed. Uncompleted scripts will be rejected.
- Cover page should include the title only. Remove any contact information (name, email address, etc.) on the script.
- Logline and genre on the title page is preferred, but not required.
- Co-writers allowed. Only one writer needs to register.
- Must send as a PDF
- No limit on the number of entries.
- All rights to the material remain with the entrant, whether they place as a finalist or not.
- Electronic submissions only.
As part of each Entry, you may submit at least one (1) Script for evaluation and consideration. The Entry must be your original creative work, and you hereby warrant and represent that you are the sole and exclusive owner of all rights, title, and interest in and to the Entry and/or have obtained prior written authorization or license to submit the Entry from any and all third party rights holders therein.
Script submissions must be:
- Unproduced at the time of entry.
- Considered a “short.” Feature screenplays (~60 pages or longer) are not accepted.
Ghana Film Foundation will select up to five (5) Short Film as finalists (the “Finalists”). From the Finalists, We will select (1) Winner and one (1) Runner-up.
The Winners will be contacted using the email addresses and/or telephone numbers provided on the corresponding Entry Form. GFF decisions as to the administration and operation of the Competition and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Competition.
Selections are based upon the level of originality, creative sensibilities, the project, and other factors pertaining to the Entry, as determined is the sole discretion of Ghana Film Foundation.
ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE
By entering, each participant agrees to:
(a) comply with and be bound by these Rules and the decisions of Ghana Film Foundation, which are binding and final in all matters relating to the Competition;
(b) release and hold harmless Ghana Film Foundation, its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, prize suppliers, and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising, or promoting the competition, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, members, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights arising out of or relating to a participant’s Entry, participation in the Competition and/or acceptance or use or misuse of Prize; provided however, that such release will not apply to any commercial exploitation of the Entry by a Released Party in violation of your rights under applicable copyright law;
(c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless Ghana Film Foundation from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Competition and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, or misuse of Prize.
Participation in the Competition constitutes each Winner’s consent to Ghana Film Foundation’s use of Winner’s names, likenesses, photographs, and/or personal information for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
You hereby warrant and represent the following:
- You are the exclusive owner of the Entry, such that the Entry is your original creative work and your submission thereof will not infringe, misappropriate or violate the intellectual property, privacy or other rights of any third party; and/or you have obtained prior written authorization to act on behalf of any co-creators of the Entry;
- Neither your execution of this agreement nor your participation of in the Competition, including your submission of the Entry, will conflict with or violate any terms or condition of any other agreement to which you are a party.
- There are no threatened, pending or current claims, actions or lawsuits in connection with the Entry and you agree to notify Ghana Film Foundation immediate upon your notification of any such claims, actions or suits;
- You are submitting the Entry voluntarily on a non-confidential basis;
- You are at least eighteen (18) years of age; and
- You have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this agreement, and you agree to abide and be bound the terms and conditions herein.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
By accepting your Entry, including your submission of the Script, we in no way grant you any additional rights therein or otherwise expand the scope of your rights under applicable copyright laws. You are solely responsible for protecting your rights in the Entry, including without limitation, for filing or registering the Script with the Ghana Copyright Office. You retain all rights to the Entry itself and any other creative materials submitted to the Competition.
Ghana Film Foundation reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Competition, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Ghana Film Foundation’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Ghana Film Foundation in its sole discretion. Ghana Film Foundation reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made Ghana Film Foundation reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Ghana Film Foundation’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.